Just two weeks ago, there was still an extra blanket lying at the foot of the bed, in case you needed a bit of extra warmth in the middle of the night. We hadn’t actually pulled it up in a while, but the possibility still seemed to exist. Then the temperature started to climb every day last week, hitting 31 degrees (that’s ‘hot’ in Fahrenheit) yesterday. The extra blanket is gone. Even the quilt is off the bed. Goodness. Seemed like a fast change.
I hid in the basement all day. That’s where I sew, sooooo, I did. I got some pants with fraying hems and holes below the front pockets turned into shorts, which was more work than just cutting and hemming. Then I worked on a couple of cushions that I promised to do. The future recipient has no idea that they’re way late!! It was supposed to be done for Christmas. ahem
Here’s the front of one with the outside attached, mitres half done and the back of the other one. Next, a pic showing the zipper and another showing the back fabric. It looks like it’s going to work out pretty well. It’s supposed to be wood grain. I thought that would be the most of the work but no, the quilting was the quick part. Getting this outside mitred edge on is proving to be the tough part. It may need to be top-stitched to lay flat enough. We’ll see if that’s necessary.
I’m linking up to WIP Wednesday at TNTN – see button on the right. We have 25-30 people joining every week. Come visit and join the cheering on!!