After nearly hitting the ’100 posts’ mark, I have this month-long gap without a word.  sigh.  Sorry to all 2 of my subscribers.  ha ha.  There are a couple more of you but that’s not a big exageration.  Anyhow, there was a lot of paid work to be done that doesn’t get reported on here.  That’s probably not going to be a big problem until the season starts up again in late summer.

I’ve been able to keep up only minimally with my quilting class.  There’s a big middle row that’s done which is about 24″ by 2 miles.  Yay.  Then there are 3 rows that attach to the top and bottom of that row.  Those are half done and I’ll show pics in a subsequent post.  They are also 2 miles long.

Meanwhile, I got two more community quilts machine quilted.  One, I wasn’t so fond of, but the other I just love.  It’s so easter-y.  I wish it were staying to live with me.

This first quilt is unbelievably easy to make.  Chose 5-6 fabrics that will not hate each other.  Cut squares.  Pick pairs of squares, mostly a dark and a light.  Sew them to each other.  Now you have rectangles.  Take the rectangles, cut along a diagonal line from corner to corner.  Now match triangles back together, matching darks to lights to form new rectangles.  Sew into rows, etc.  Easy, huh?  It would make a good assembly line type of operation.

If you click a couple of times on the pictures, you’ll see them better.  The front of the above quilt (the left one), you might be able to see a chicken trying to hide from the camera.  The picture of the back of the quilt also features my dog who I called to make him raise his ears.  He looks more alert that way.  Down below, he’s coming over to me, like he’s obedient.  That is wrong.  Only when he’s tied up does he come when called and he’s tied up because he likes to ‘play chase’ with the chooks which they don’t really enjoy.  And speaking of chooks, there’s one in the leftest pic below, being less camera shy.

The top quilt was machine quilted with “angry chickens” which seems appropriate since they feature in the pics.  The bottom quilt was quilted with “bebits”.  I find these two designs are often suitable, more so than my others.

Another thing I wanted to mention was that I’ve come across another different method of making flying geese blocks.  I started a collection of them on this post.  Here’s the link to a demonstration of the new (to me) method on Eleanor Burn’s Quilt in a Day site.

Tags:

2 Comments on something to share…

  1. Debbie says:

    I follow you blog via google reader. I just happened upon it when linking from another place. I really like Eleanor Burn’s flying geese block method. It is so accurate.

Leave a Reply

*