This is a clearing out post. My ringette business is going to be keeping me busy for a while so there won’t be any quilting news for about a month. In order to get ready for this I’ve spent the last couple of days finishing up some stuff that I’ll report on today.
First, I have to share the worst photo ever. I don’t know what the matter was but the flash wasn’t working and the shutter stayed open for like 2 seconds. Amazingly, you can still tell what I was shooting, but only just. I had to use this photo because these two don’t hold still, not for a photo and especially if they’re doing something cute. Oscar, the cat, was lying on the dog’s bed, sleeping (what else?) when Buddy came over to chew his denta-stick in his favourite chewing spot. The cat looks over, “Do you have to do this HERE?” Ha ha. Trust me, it was funny.
I have at least a couple of baby quilts due before September so I thought I’d get at least one done. It’s a cheater panel but it still turned out sweet. I added a mitred border because I felt bad about the ‘cheater’ part. I had more of the backing that I used for the H2H quilt and I still have even more left. It’s a dec weight but it makes a nice back.
I didn’t do the standard quilt-on-the-lines thing. I put hearts all over it, in yellow. And, I’m getting pretty consistent with the totally machined binding. No more hand binding for me, although it’s a really nice thing to do in the winter, sitting in the sun shining in the window. Too hot to even think about that at present.
And also, I made 4 more baby bibs. Last time I made these, if you remember, DD1 was coming for that weekend and I wanted to give her first choice of a few of them that I needed to make for babies that are coming shortly. Well, after she chose, there were only 4 of the 8 left because she thought of a couple more people she knew and then, we had forgotten all about her BF’s new niece.
Then a neighbour came over to show me a photo of her new granddaughter. There went another bib. So, since these things are flying out the door, and it’s just SO wonderful to have gifts ready, I wanted to restock my bib inventory. I even bought FQ’s just for the purpose. And I learned to make sure that I have them for boys too. I’m very well stocked on girl fabric. Boy fabric – not so much.
They’re all different. 4 fabrics but combined differently to make the reversible bibs and I used two different bindings. You can get one bib from each FQ and 1 FQ makes enough binding (cut 1.5″ strips) for 2 bibs. So 5 FQ’s make 4 bibs plus I had to get 2 more bindings from another fabric. I love them and they whip up so fast.
Now I’m off to work on ringette pants. Many! ttyl…
Tags: baby bibs